The Howitt Partnership operates a Director‐led service providing consistency and a high level point of contact for the relationship.
Founder and Managing Director, Matthew Draper, has a proven track record over 20 years of brokering successful lateral hires throughout the UK and in Asia, for both international and national legal practices and major corporates.
He is one of the most experienced headhunters specialising in the legal sector currently operating in the UK and possesses a deep understanding of law firm cultures and hiring practices, having dealt with many projects at partner level (including team moves) over the years.
Here is a small example of the many projects that Matthew has completed:
- Real Estate Team, Birmingham - Top 50 UK Law firm
- National Head of Real Estate, Newcastle based - Top 100 UK Law firm
- Locational Head of Construction, Manchester - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Regulatory Team, Birmingham - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Locational Head of Corporate, Leeds - Top 100 UK Law firm
- National Head of Commercial, London - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Insurance Litigation Partner, London - Top 60 UK Law firm
- NHSLA Partner, Nottingham - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Mental Health Partner, Manchester - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Head of Health and Clinical Negligence, Manchester - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Commercial Public Sector Partner, South West - Top 50 UK Law firm
- Education (Academies) Team, South West - Top 50 UK Law firm
- National Head of Charities & Not for Profit, UK wide - Top 50 UK Law firm
And from his time in Hong Kong:
- VP Transactional Management - US Investment Bank
- Legal Counsel - International Projects/Construction Company
- Head of Legal, Shanghai - American Financial Services conglomerate